G72.2 Code Introduction
Using G72.2 Linear Copy G-code a figure specified by a subprogram can be repeatedly produced with Linear movement.
G72.2 Code Format
|G72.2 P… L… I… J…|
|P : Subprogram number|
|L : Number of times the operation is repeated|
|I : Shift along X-axis|
|J : Shift along Y-axis|
Things to Know
- In the G72.2 block, addresses other than P, L, I and J are ignored.
- P, I and J must always be specified.
- If L is not specified, the figure is copied once.
- For shifts (I, J), specify increments. The n-th geometric shift is equal to the specified shift times (n – 1).
First block of the Subprogram
Always specify a move command in the first block of a subprogram that performs a linear copy. If the first block contains only the program number such as O00001234; and does not have a move command, movement may stop at the start point of the figure made by the n-th (n = 1,2, 3, …) copying.
Example of an Incorrect Program
G00 G90 X100.0 Y200.0 ;
Example of a Correct Program
O00001000 G00 G90 X100.0 Y200.0 ;
|You may be interested also:|
|“Fanuc G72.1 G72.2 Figure Copy Program Example (Bolt Hole Circle)”|
Specifying Two or More Commands to Copy a Figure
- G72.2 cannot be specified more than once in a subprogram for making a linear copy (If this is attempted, alarm PS0901will occur).
- In a subprogram that specifies linear copy, however, rotational copy (G72.1) can be specified. Similarly, in a subprogram that specifies rotational copy, linear copy can be specified.
Commands that must not be Specified
Within a program that performs a linear copy, the following must not be specified:
Command for changing the selected plane (G17 to G19)
Command for specifying polar coordinates (G16)
Reference position return command(G28)
Coordinate system rotation (G68)
Programmable mirror image (G51.1)
Single-block stops are not performed in a block with G721.1 or G72.2.
G72.2 Programming Example
N10 G90 G00 X-30. Y0 ;
N20 X0 ;
N30 G01 G17 G41 X30. D01 F100 ; (P0)
N40 Y20. ; (P1)
N50 X40. ; (P2)
N60 G72.2 P3100 L3 I90.0 J0 ;
N70 G90 X310. Y0 ; (P8)
N80 X0 ;
N90 G40 G00 X-30.0 ;
N100 M30 ;
O3100 G91 G01 X20. ; (P3)
N100 Y30. ; (P4)
N200 G02 X40. I20. ; (P5)
N300 G01 Y-30. ; (P6)
N400 X30. ; (P7)
N500 M99 ;